Monday 5 July 2010

Dance and not throwing your tea around

On Friday I was walking down a clean, smoothly carpeted corridor, carrying two mugs of tea, one for myself and one for a colleague.

Nobody was anywhere near me, there was nothing on the floor, and the most difficult task ahead of me was to get through a closed door without spilling any tea.

I very, very nearly spontaneously tripped over my own feet sideways and fell into a meeting room.

I don't know whether it's just inexplicable that I can dance at all, or it's the dance that saved me from actually falling over and throwing tea all over the meeting room.

5 comments:

ghost said...

I believe "spontaneously tripping over your own feet" is actually an advanced technique taught to female dancers ;o) (along with how to impale yourself with your own shoe - seriously how many non-dancers do that?!)

Andreas said...

Don't sell yourself short. It was a side traspié.

msHedgehog said...

@ghost, I had none of the usual excuses, I hardly ever wear heels to work

@Andreas, yes, to the music in my brain. More likely it was crap technique and poor grounding!

ghost said...

I remember once a friend tripped over her own feet while we were dancing and it made so little sense to us that at the end of the evening we went back to that section of the floor to discover that part of the wood had actually been stamped down about a quarter of an inch and that's what she'd tripped up.

Anonymous said...

LOL! What a visual.