Wednesday 26 March 2008

DJ Gilda

At the Crypt on Saturday - a DanceTango night - they had Jill Barrett ('DJ Gilda' - try getting a native Spanish speaker to pronounce 'Jill') doing the music. I really enjoyed it, I thought it was good music, intelligently put together. The vaguely reggae cortinas did the job and I even quite liked them. She sometimes DJs and gives classes at the Welsh Centre.

I spoke to her at another dance later in the week and she said she'd put a lot of thought into it and to please tell Nikki I liked it (I already had). I got the impression she'd like to do it more so if you were there and you liked it as well, why not say so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill Barrett does very very well prepared and though out workshops. I don't know if she has done many recently but I did some a few years ago and no-one else's teaching has impressed me more since.