Saturday 7 July 2012

Three Pairs of Glasses

I was SO depressed at six o'clock - my work week had just been depressing and I had practically convinced myself that I was a disastrous, shameful failure with no hope of redemption. Minds like mine do that sometimes, especially when exposed to boredom and stupidity together.

And now I've had a great evening, and I was so happy on the Tube home that some woman about fifteen years younger than me, who wasn't even obviously drunk, as she was getting off, said "You look so happy! and I love the flower in your hair. Give me a high five, don't leave me hanging". So I gave her a high five and wished her a very good night.

There was a moment when I wished I had my proper camera. I only had my dumbphone, so we'll have to make do with this tiny little picture.

"When it's a good tanda, this happen!"

Beto, who was DJing, saw me spotting this, he laughed and said "When it's a good tanda, this happen!". The glasses belong to two friends, who were busy having a good tanda together, and one other person who I was convinced, a moment later, had picked up the wrong pair - but I was mistaken, it was all right.

3 comments:

francoise_hardy said...

Its carnage when theres a rush to the dance floor. I'm surprised theres not an artificial leg left behind.

Tangocommuter said...

Nice photo! I've seen that in Buenos Aires too, to my amusement, an expanse of empty tables each with a pair or two of glasses, and a packed floor. I guess more people there use glasses since the cabeceo is always used.

@C_E said...

aww..